This page regards teaching materials for the course Macroeconomics, at the BSc level for students in both Economics and Business Administration at Nova School of Business and Economics.
Use the links below to test your knowledge regarding each of the chapters taught. You can submit your answers and then check the right answers and your score. Note that these quizzes are related to the previous edition of the book and as such are not exhaustive in terms of the material they cover. On top of these quizzes, you can also access a series of videos (available here) that cover all the material currently being taught.
Bear in mind that not every question in the sample tests is a tentative exam question. They cover all material in the book. Of course, only content covered in the lectures (the slides are the best guide for that) is eligible. Also, most questions regarding descriptive statistics are not tentative exam questions i.e. you don’t need to know the time path of the federal government revenues for the US in the second half of the 19th Century, though you are expected to know if the correlation between prices and output implied by the equilibrium business cycle model with productivity shocks is observed in the data.
Just click in each of the tests below, choose the right answer and submit your answers to know your score and the correction.
Part I – Introduction
Part II – Economic Growth
- Chapter 3: Introduction to Economic Growth
- Chapter 4: Working with the Solow Growth Model
- Chapter 5: Conditional Convergence and Long-Run Economic Growth
Part III – Economic Fluctuations
- Chapter 6: Markets, Prices, Supply and Demand
- Chapter 7: Consumption, Saving and Investment
- Chapter 8: An Equilibrium Business-Cycle Model
- Chapter 9: Capital Utilization and Unemployment
Part IV – Money and Prices
- Chapter 10: The Demand for Money and the Price Level
- Chapter 11: Inflation, Money Growth and Interest Rates
Part V – The Government Sector
Part VI – Money and Business Cycles
Part VII – International Macroeconomics