I am currently teaching the second year BSc. course in Macroeconomics at Nova School of Business and Economics for the programs in Economics and Management. You can click the here for the course materials. I also teach Microeconomics for Managers and Macroeconomics and Globalization in executive education programs at Nova SBE. I have also supervised many BSc, MSc and PhD thesis and am currently supervising four PhD dissertations.
Supervision of PhD thesis
- Essays on Secular Stagnation, by Manuel Lancastre (joint supervision with Francesco Franco), approved with honors in 2016, awarded the Best PhD Dissertation in Economics by Nova SBE and Amélia de Mello Foundation, and featured in Jornal Económico. First appointment to Brown University, Department of Economics, as Visiting Assistant Professor.
- What Drives Expansions and Recessions – Accounting for Business Cycles in an Era of Crisis, by João Costa-Filho (joint supervision with João Correia-da-Silva), defended on June 2018. First appointment to IBMEC – São Paulo, as Assistant Professor (permanent position) and to Fundação Gertúlio Vargas – São Paulo, Department of Economics, as Visiting Assistant Professor.
PhD students being supervised
- Miguel H. Ferreira, Nova SBE (visiting the U Cambridge): fiscal policy and inequality
- João B. Oliveira, Nova SBE: macroprudencial policy, optimal taxation, structural transformation and inequality
- André Coelho, ISEG: immigration, entrepreneurship, inequality
- BSc. Macroeconomics (Economics and Management)
- Microeconomics for Managers (Executive Education)
- Macroeconomics and Globalization (Executive Education)
- PhD Computational Economics with Python (Nova SBE)
- PhD Business Cycle Accounting: Theory and Applications (U Zurich)
- MSc. Macroeconomics (TA) (at Stockholm U)
- MSc. Microeconomics (TA) (at Stockholm U)
- MSc. Methodology Seminar I & II (at Stockholm U)
- Ph.D Econometrics (TA) (at Stockholm U)
- MSc. Quantitative Methods in Macroeconomics (at Stockholm U, U Coimbra and Nova SBE)
- MSc. Time Series Econometrics (at Stockholm U)
- BSc. Empirical Methods I (at Stockholm U)